Dates & Location
The 2019 Festival will take place during October, Texas Wine Month, in Mount Vernon’s historic Plaza District:
- The Harvest on Main dinner is held on Saturday, October 5th at 6:00pm on Houston Street.
- The Market on Main festival is held on Saturday, October 19th from 11:00am – 7:00pm, in Mount Vernon's Plaza District at 113 Main Street, Mount Vernon, TX 75457.
Harvest on Main
- How much are tickets?
- Tickets are $150 per person (inclusive) which includes a four-course dinner paired with award-winning wines from Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards.
- Is this dinner only for ages 21 and up?
- Yes. As this is a wine pairing dinner, all guests must be 21 years of age or older.
- When and where will tickets be available for purchase?
- Available August 25th at 8:00am
- Will I receive paper tickets?
No. You will receive an email confirmation from your online ticket purchase. Your name will then be added to the guest list for validation at check in for the dinner.
- What happens if we have bad weather during the Harvest on Main dinner?
- The festival team will decide to enact our inclement weather plan no later than Wednesday prior to the event based on the expected weather forecast. An announcement with additional details will be sent to all ticket holders advising of any changes. Our backup location for inclement weather is The Loft at M.L. Edwards & Co.
- What happens if we have bad weather for the Market on Main event?
- Should the weather not be conducive to an outdoor festival at any time before or during the event, the festival team will announce either cancellation or early closure as needed. No refunds will be given for weather-related conditions.
- Winemaker Level Sponsors
- What lodging options are in the area?
- The following lodging options are in easy driving distance: The Holbrook Bed and Breakfast, Super 8 by Wyndham, Deer Lake Cabins Ranch Resort, Selah Inn at the Ranch, or other Airbnb options in the area. There are also additional bed and breakfast, hotel and other private rental options in nearby Sulphur Springs, Mount Pleasant and Winnsboro.
- What else is there to do in and around Mount Vernon?
We would love for you to not just come to our festival but also stay and enjoy our town and area! Our historic Plaza District features great restaurants and shopping.
If you are a history buff, contact our Franklin County Historical Association to arrange your private tour of our local historic museums, including a Don Meredith sports memorabilia exhibit, a Smithsonian quality rare bird egg exhibit, our old train depot and blacksmith shop, the restored home of the tallest Confederate soldier in the Civil War, or perhaps enjoy a driving tour of our historic residences at your leisure.
Venture outside town to relax at Lake Cypress Springs, twice named “Most Beautiful Lake in Texas” by D Magazine, including its several parks, fishing piers and hiking trails.
- What organization is responsible for putting this event on each year?
- This festival is made possible each year by the Mount Vernon Main Street Alliance as part of its programming for the Plaza District.
- How can I get involved to help?
- Volunteers are key to the success of this festival each year and we welcome your help! Please contact our Main Street Manager to discuss current opportunities available.